HOLIDAY THEFTS >>>>> YOU CAN'T BE TOO CARFULL <<<<<<<
Posted by: jloggins
12:00 AM | General News
IT IS THAT TIME AGAIN. WHILE YOU NEED TO ALWAYS KEEP YOUR GAURD UP TO AVOID THEFT, IT IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT AROUND HOLIDAYS. ALWAYS PARK IN A CRST APPROVED SECURE LOCATION. NEVER LEAVE YOUR TRUCK TRAILER OR LOAD AT A TRUCKSTOP, STRIP MALL, WAL MART ETC. THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST UNSECURE LOCATIONS IN THE COUNTRY. WE HAVE POSTED THE CRST MALONE SECUREMENT POLICY BELOW. DON'T GET BACK TO YOUR EQUIPMENT, ONLY TO FIND THAT IT HAS BEEN STOLEN. NO ONE IS IMMUNE.
1) All drivers hauling High Value loads must own each of the following: Pin Lock, Glad Hand Lock and Dash Valve Lock.
2) There must be at least two points of securement on the load any time the driver is out of the truck. This includes time in truck stops eating and showering.
3) All HV loads must be tarped completely, regardless of the requirements of the shipper.
4) Trailers cannot be dropped unless approved by their Fleet manager.
a) Company trailers and/or loads can only be dropped at secure locations with approval.
b) Loads must never be left in store or truck stop parking lots.
c) Loads and/or company equipment may be parked on the driver’s property, but only with Fleet Manager approval.
5) Check Calls must be made during the day, night and weekends. Fleet managers are responsible for entering the check call on the E screen. Check calls must include the following information: Review of procedures, location, status of load and security devices confirmed.
6) Once the driver is given the policy and procedures for HV hauling, the Fleet manager must enter that this has be done on the E screen.
7) IN CASE OF THEFT CONTACT VICKI BIRAM IMMEDIATELY AT 205-951-5911 AND THE ACCIDENT HOTLINE AT 800-515-2778