Wednesday Weather 1-28-15
Posted by: twarwick
26 hours ago | General News
Wind Advisory, I 80 NE into SE WY, Northern SD
WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 5 PM MST THIS AFTERNOON...
* TIMING... 10 AM THROUGH 5 PM TODAY.
* WINDS... NORTHWESTERLY 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH. STRONGEST WINDS WILL OCCUR EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS... MAINLY TO TRANSPORTATION. LIGHT WEIGHT AND HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES COULD HAVE DIFFICULTLY TRAVELING ON EAST TO WEST ORIENTED ROADS.
Winter Weather Advisory, Southern MI,
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 4 PM EST THURSDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND RAPIDS HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 4 PM EST THURSDAY.
* A MIXTURE OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED LATE TONIGHT INTO EARLY THURSDAY.
* THE MIXTURE WILL CHANGE TO SNOW THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
* UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE WILL BE POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT INTO EARLY THURSDAY. LITTLE TO NO SNOW ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED.
Winter Storm Watch, NE ME.
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CARIBOU HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.
* LOCATIONS... NORTHERN AND WESTERN MAINE.
* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW.
* TIMING... SNOW WILL DEVELOP LATE THURSDAY NIGHT OR EARLY FRIDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY MORNING.
* ACCUMULATIONS... 7 INCHES OR MORE POSSIBLE.
The Northeast - Snow possible Thursday and Friday for the region and central Appalachains. ME gets snow, some heavy with winds along most of the coastal areas for the region today slowly diminishing. Blowing snow still possible for areas of New England but the storm have moved out to sea for the most part.
The South - Warm with rain possible in TN, KY northern AL into AR, looking for warm temps? head to TX where the highs today expected in the 80's in areas, 70's in OK, snow will not be a problem for the region.
The Midwest - Snow for the Great Lakes region later today or tonight into Thursday, some rain and snow mix possible in northern IN, IL and southern WI
The West - Rain for the Four Corners region, Thursday into Friday, Snow levels will be high, above interstate levels for the region. Warm for this region as well for late January.