Hail – Hail storms are extremely dangerous to drive in. Not only can they cause extensive damage to your tractor but can also be harmful to anyone who ventures out of their vehicle. The important thing to do when driving in a severe hail storm is to stop driving. The best place is to park under an awning or an overpass. Stay inside your vehicle until the hail stops. The majority of hail storms occur May through August so remember these tips to stay safe in a hail storm this summer!
The West - Showers and thunderstorms for the Northern Rockies as well as the Great Basin region and the Southwest into CA, NM and AZ
The South - Showers and thunderstorms again today for the TX/OK Panhandle into AR and the Gulf Coast states today. Some spotty showers as well for the Carolinas.
The Midwest - The Northern Great Lakes should be dry today, showers for the Dakotas this am. The Southern areas or IL, IN and OH into KY could see thunderstorms today. Flash flooding possible for areas of KY.
The Northeast - Dry weather for the most part, a few showers possible for WV into VA, no big storms expected.
KEYS FOR A SUCCESSFUL HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!!
1. Slow down!!!
2. Increase your following distance!!!
3. Expect the unexpected (heavy traffic, accidents) Aim high in steering and Get the big picture!!!
4. Watch for inexperienced drivers (camping vehicles, younger drivers) Make sure they see you!!!
5. Keep your head in the game (stay off the phones) Keep your eyes moving and leave yourself an out!!!
5. Secure your truck, trailer and securement equipment every time you park!!! (protect yourself from theft)
6. Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July and if you're out this weekend driving!!!
1. SLOW DOWN!!!!